Something for every do-it-yourself framing project
We carry everything you need at wholesale prices. You can choose from hundreds of ready-made wood and metal picture frames along with pre-cut and custom mats. If you have something a little out of the ordinary, we cut irregular sized frames and mats while you wait.
- 1000’s to choose from
- pre-cut mats with a range of standard openings available
- mats custom cut while you wait
- metal and wood picture frames
- liner frames for oil paintings
Below are some tips to keep in mind when you are doing your framing project
- An image on photo paper or similar thin material should be mounted onto heavier board, such as foam core, to avoid puckering of the image.
- Images should not touch the glass. Not only does the mat board serve as a visual enhancement but also provides a practical means to allow appropriate spacing away from the glass.
- If an image will be exposed to frequent sunlight, it is best to use ultra-violet protective glass. Likewise, if your image is subject to be vulnerable to glare from a light source, it’s best to use non-glare glass.
- The backing should be acid free, sealed with a dust cover and enclosed inside the frame.
- Your picture should be hung with a decent weight wire of 3 to 6 gauge and hangers that are properly secured to the frame.
- Some images may look great with a single mat whereas others may look better with a double or triple mat combination.
- A mat with a v-grove, which looks like a bevelled key line, can give your image a classy addition.
- A velvet or suede textured mat enhances needlework.
- A textured mat looks extraordinary with multi-medium art.
- Three inches wide is the standard rule of thumb for matting.
- For a special occasion, a very wide mat around a picture that guests can sign makes a terrific keepsake.
- The formality of a certificate tends to lend itself better to a narrower mat and a straightforward style frame such as metal or classic wood.
- Metal frames tend to give a sleek, contemporary look and can be slightly less expensive.
- Some frames are made of a poly-urethane material which lends itself well to ornate design patterns yet can maintain reasonable expense.
- Wood frames can be found to meet every style, size, colour, pattern and texture preference.
- The size of the frame should be proportional to the image size. A large image will require a wide solid frame.
- Images with a thickness such as paper-tole will be best suited to be set in a deep frame or shadow box.
- Your frame choice should not only suit your image but also blend with your style: traditional, contemporary or casual. Style, size, colour, pattern and texture should all work well together.
Leslie offers an excellent quality service! She certainly knows her stuff. Leslie went above and beyond with helping me with my DIY framing. The final product was exceptional. Will definitely be going back to this local company.
Framed my degree and an award I received upon graduation. They did an amazing job, quick turnaround and reasonable price.
Amazing service and prices. Leslie went above and beyond, and she was such a kind and genuine person!
I am so happy with Leslie's excellent customer service and custom framing. It is easy to see that she is very passionate about her work and creating the best product.
It's the best place ever! Good quality frames, wide selection, and attentive personal service!